A simple product catalog application using Play and Scala
Tue, Jul 15, 2014
It’s been a while since I last wrote due to busy work schedule. I’ve decided to write a series about Play framework(http://www.playframework.com/) since I am working on a pet project using Play. I will write a simple product catalog application using Play and Scala.
Here is what I will be using:
– Play Framework version 2.3.1 as of today.
– Bootstrap 3.x
The tutorials will cover the following areas.
– Initial setup of Play Framework – /2014/07/16/product-catalog-application-using-play-and-scala-part-1-initial-setup/
– Introduction to Play Framework commands – /2014/07/17/product-catalog-application-using-play-and-scala-part-2-introduction-to-play-framework-commands/
– Database setup and access – /2014/07/21/product-catalog-application-using-play-and-scala-part-3-database-setup-and-access/
– Controller and route
– Views template and layout
– Form object and validation
– Image Upload function
– Image caching
– Serialize products list to JSON format
– Writing test case
– Wrap up
I think this pretty much everything I need for writing this application. Let me know if I missed anything.